Not sure how many members here liked "to go out and shake their thang," but eons ago when I was young, I really loved to dance. Even before I turned 21, I used to go to a gay dance club in Los Angeles called Odyssey (which did not serve liquor) but allowed 18-year-olds to just dance to some great music in the 1970s (this being the golden age of Disco). When Disco morphed into "dance music," I was at clubs in Boston, Washington, D.C., Tampa and Dallas shakin' it.... Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end...
So here are some tunes that I danced to back in the day and, even though I really can't dance anymore (I can barely walk) it's fun to close my eyes and remember what it was like to move and to feel so free --
1. Soft Cell -- "Tainted Love"/"Where Did Our Go?" --
2. Machine -- "There But for the Grace of God Go I" (this was great with a strobe light going off especially during the instrumental section) --
3. Bronski Beat -- "Why?"
4. The Romantics -- "What I Like About You" --
5. Donna Summer -- "Hot Stuff" (12" mix) --
6. The B-52's -- "Give Me Back My Man" (extended Party Mix version) --
7. Shirley Ellis -- "The Nitty Gritty" (I just love watching Bobby Banas dance with abandon, and just going for it. If you can't figure out which ones is Bobby Banas, he's the one that the camera focuses on) --
8. Linda Clifford -- "Red Light" (extended) --
9. Tina Turner -- "One of the Living" (special club mix) --